- Body scanners to screen London commuters for weapons
- Chelsea v Valenica: Frank Lampard believes young Blues can blossom in Champions League
- Former Khan adviser moves to Lib Dems over knife crime
- Extinction Rebellion Heathrow activist in court over drone plan
- Banksy MPs as chimpanzees painting up for auction
BBC Birmingham News Feeds
- HS2: Ancient woodland clearance halted while review held
- County Championship: Steven Mullaney and Joe Clarke hit tons as Notts dominate Bears
- Woman struck by bus in Solihull killed
- Adrian Paskin admits dangerous driving and causing Sarah Handley's death
- Wolves seek new investment to help club grow
- Saul Shotton: West Bromwich Albion set to sign former Bury player
- Sadam Essakhil: The message a murderer has for schoolchildren
- Aston Villa v West Ham United
- Crash after Great Wyrley burglary suspects make off in car
- West Ham United Women v Birmingham City Women
BBC Bristol News Feed
- Banksy MPs as chimpanzees painting up for auction
- The parents keeping their child's gender a secret
- Universities 'in dark' over student mental health needs
- Banksy-painted 'Turbozone Truck' fails to sell at auction
- WSL: Everton 2-0 Bristol City - Chloe Kelly scores twice in Everton victory
- Bristol Half Marathon: Thousands of runners take part
- Waste firm breached rules near fly-infested homes
- Bristol Airport expansion protesters halt A38 traffic
- Lincoln City v Bristol Rovers
- Bristol woman motorbiking to the top of the world
Cornwall Council News feed
- Real Heroes Read Books
- Cornwall Council offers extra support for Europeans applying for settled status
- Come along to the next Truro and Roseland Community Network Panel
- High Court injunctions used to protect a vulnerable young person
- How do you get yours at work?
- Find out more on proposed A30 dualling between Carland Cross and Chiverton Roundabout
- Hear about plans for the new trail between Newquay and Perranporth
- Statement regarding publication of Safeguarding Adult Review of Paul
- Cornwall asked: “What sounds make you calm and happy?”
- Residents urged to stay vigilant against rogue callers
BBC Essex News Feed
- County Championship: Essex frustrated by bad light against Surrey
- Chelmsford Army and Navy flyover closed permanently
- Paratroopers win Colchester barracks racial harassment claim
- O'Sullivan beats Murphy to retain Shanghai Masters crown
- EFL: Bolton 'will be great', Sampson's tough week, boost for Scunthorpe and Southend
- Forest Green Rovers 1-0 Colchester United
- Southend United 3-3 Fleetwood Town
- Ronnie O'Sullivan into third successive Shanghai Masters final
- Asco: Grime artist jailed for 'county lines' drug dealing
- County Championship: Notts relegated and Warwickshire survive after Westley & Cook help Essex draw
BBC Hampshire News Feed
- Portsmouth murder arrest after woman's body found on roof
- Winchester prison: Crime and Punishment TV crew films trouble
- County Championship: Somerset held up Liam Dawson century for Hampshire
- Aleksander Pawlak death: Man 19, charged with murder
- Former Surrey Police officer denies on-duty rape
- £26m investment announced for Isle of Wight rail line
- Hampshire Police crack down on excessive motorbike noise
- Eastleigh 1-1 Bromley
- Stockport County 1-2 Aldershot Town
- Boy arrested after girl assaulted at Southampton school
BBC Manchester News Feeds
- HS2: Ancient woodland clearance halted while review held
- County Championship: Lancashire seal title despite 259 all out against Middlesex
- John Rimmer: Man charged with murder over Rochdale death
- David de Gea: Manchester United goalkeeper signs new deal at Old Trafford
- Zakari Bennett-Eko: Baby murder accused father appears in court
- Manchester CT scans reveal secrets of Egyptian mummies
- Manchester crash: Man arrested after car driven at crowd
- Manchester City: Martin Keown & Jermaine Jenas discuss City's defensive problems
- Tyson Fury v Otto Wallin: British heavyweight continues to show endless resolve
- Tyson Fury: 'I had 40 stitches, won £5,000 and am ready for war with Deontay Wilder'
BBC Lincolnshire News Feed
- WWII Dakota forced to land in Manchester due to engine fault
- Lincoln's revamped Exchequergate Arch 'looks too new'
- Lincoln City 0-1 Bristol Rovers
- British Legion volunteer sexually assaulted elderly woman
- Passenger arrested over Waddingham crash bailed
- Lincolnshire women motorbiking to top of the world
- Historic towns to benefit from £95m boost named
- Thailand freak accident death Briton 'lived life to full'
- Michael Flynn: Newport County manager flattered by Lincoln link
- Passenger arrested after driver hurt in crash near Waddingham
Amersham News Views and Information News Feed
- Hospice of St. Francis Firewalk Challenge – 2nd November
- Amersham Art Group – Demonstrations – 1st Oct – Susan Gray
- Halloween Spectacular – Chiltern Open Air Museum – Friday November 1
- AMCHOR Autumn term – new members welcome! – Starts September 2
- Hospice of St Francis Open Afternoon, Sunday 22nd September
- Gordon King Watercolour Demonstration – Amersham Art Group – 3rd September
- Charity walk of the Pednor Loop in Chesham – 7 July
- Amersham Art Group – Oil Painting Demonstrations 2019
- L’Etape UK – A Family Cycling Festival & Summer Celebrations of all things 2 Wheeled – Penn Street –
The Firewalk Challenge
Walk on fire by joining us in The Firewalk Challenge
2019, the ultimate test of mind over matter! Do you want
to do a fundraising challenge that’s fun, exciting,
daring and different? Amaze you friends and family, and
yourself by walking on fire!
After training, participants one by one are given the
opportunity to walk across the 20 foot fire lane which
will be 1236 degrees Fahrenheit!
date: Saturday 2nd November
time: 14:30 – 17:30
venue: 1Life Abbey View Golf and Track
even temail: email@example.com
event tel nos: 01442 869555
Amersham Art Group have art demonstrations as follows: 1st Oct Susan Gray (www.susan-gray.co.uk/), 5th Nov Niki Bell – Watercolour Cats. All in the Amersham Community Centre, starting 7:30pm-9:30pm. £5 for non members. More information & booking: http://amersham-art-group.org.uk/, firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01494 771760.
Full Details for those who want itOctober 1st 2019 Demonstration Susan Gray – see her website for her style www.susan-gray.co.uk/ November 5th 2019 Demonstration Niki Bell – see her website for her style www.nikibell.co.uk
Chiltern Open Air Museum s famous Halloween Spectacular returns on Friday 1st November.
For one night only, they’ll be opening their doors for a spooktacular family Halloween event that sees their historic buildings decorated and inhabited by costumed characters. This year the event will have a new spectacular fire performance with fire pits set out in the Museum s event field and a special timed spooky horse display.
Spooky stories will be told around the fire of the Iron Age roundhouse, you can grab some treats by visiting some of the historic houses before warming yourselves by the fire and toasting marshmallows.
Around the Museum grounds there will be lots of Halloween-themed crafts, activities and games for the whole family to enjoy. The very brave can explore the scary woodland walk but beware of the monsters that might be there in the dark! Younger children will enjoy the not-so-spooky walk and family fun storytelling.
Hot food and drinks will be available to purchase on the night, and children (and adults!) are encouraged to dress up for the event in Halloween costumes with a prize for the best!
This is an unmissable evening of spooky fun for all ages in the very unique and atmospheric setting of the Museum s historic buildings and woods.
Don t forget your torch it will be dark!
The evening starts at 5pm and continues until 9pm, with last admission at 7.30pm. Tickets are limited so pre-booking is advised. Early bird booking prices available.
date: 1st November 2019
time: 5pm – 9pm
venue: Chiltern Open Air Museum
Chalfont St Giles
cost: Adults £9.50, Children £14.00 under 4s free
event email: email@example.com
event tel nos: 01494871117
AMCHOR Autumn term – new members welcome!
Amersham & Chesham Bois Choral Society’s (AMCHOR) new term starts on Monday 2 September 2019. We will be rehearsing Lauridsen’s Lux Aeterna and Haydn’s Nelson Mass for our Winter concert on Saturday 7 December.
Rehearsals take place Monday evenings at the Free Church, Woodside Road, Amersham 8-9.45pm.
New singers are very welcome so do come along and try us out! We welcome singers for all parts but especially Tenors and Sopranos.
Come along to The Hospice of St Francis Open Afternoon, Sunday 22nd September 2019 2.00 – 5.00pm. Wander round our beautiful gardens, explore the art exhibition and model railway, treat yourself to tea and cake, prosecco, and for children; there’s a woodland treasure hunt, story time with a local author, and face painting.
Celebrating 40 years of Hospice care, the afternoon will also give visitors the opportunity to see the Spring Centre, in addition to learning more about the specialist care and support we offer.
Blue parking is available at the Hospice. A free shuttle service is available for visitors to use from nearby Egerton Rothesay School.
Hospice of St Francis (Berkhamsted) Ltd, charity number 280825, company number 1507474, registered in England and Wales at Spring Garden Lane, Berkhamsted, Herts, HP4 3GW.
Amersham Art Group have art demonstrations as follows: 3rd Sept Gordon King – Watercolour, 1st Oct Susan Gray, 5th Nov Niki Bell – Watercolour Cats. All in the Amersham Community Centre, starting 7:30pm-9:30pm. £5 for non members. More information & booking: http://amersham-art-group.org.uk/, firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01494 771760.
Full Details for those who want itSeptember 3rd 2019 Demonstration Gordon King – Watercolour October 1st 2019 Demonstration Susan Gray – see her website for her style www.susan-gray.co.uk/ November 5th 2019 Demonstration Niki Bell – see her website for her style www.nikibell.co.uk
Charity walk of the Pednor Loop in Chesham
Take in the views of the spectacular Chiltern Hills and
join us for a leisurely walk around the Pednor Loop in
Chesham. We ll be setting off at 11am from the Queen s
Head pub. The walk is 5 and a half miles and is fully
accessible for wheelchairs and buggies. We ll walk at a
pace to suit everyone and make sure no one is left
Sponsorship money or donations will be gratefully
received and all will go towards the Chiltern Branch of
the MND Association to help local people living with the
disease and to fund research that leads to new
understanding, treatments and brings us closer to a cure.
Donations can be made on the day or via our JustGiving
date: 7th July 2019
venue: Queens Head pub, Church Street, Chesham, HP5 1JD
event email: email@example.com
event web: https://www.facebook.com/MNDAChiltern/
Amersham Art Group have art demonstrations as follows:
July 2nd, Simon Chalk – Oils,
3rd Sept Gordon King – Watercolour.
Self lead workshops on 26th June, all in the Amersham Community Centre, starting 7:30pm-9:30pm.
£5 for non members.
Full Details for those who want itJuly 2nd 2019 Demonstration Simon Chalk – Oils September 3rd 2019 Demonstration Gordon King – Watercolour October 1st 2019 Demonstration Susan Gray – see her website for her style www.susan-gray.co.uk/ November 5th 2019 Demonstration Niki Bell – see her website for her style www.nikibell.co.uk
L’Etape UK – A Family Cycling Festival & Summer Celebrations of all things 2 Wheeled – Penn Street –
Cycling Festival and summer celebrations of all things two wheeled for the whole family
date: Sunday 14th July
time: 07.00 -17.00
venue: Penn House, Penn Street
Amersham, HP7 0PS
event email: firstname.lastname@example.org
event web: www.letapeuk.co.uk
event tel nos: +44 (0) 20 8391 3913