BBC Birmingham News Feeds
- Mylee Billingham: Police wait to question stabbed 'father'
- Michal Zyro: Charlton Athletic sign Wolves striker on loan
- Lorry driver crashes into side of Halesowen house
- Hunt for robbers using bleach on victims
- Brownhills stabbing: Mylee Billingham headmaster says school 'numb'
- West Brom: Jonny Evans could leave Baggies for £3m
- Wolves: Championship leaders follow Forest defeat with warm weather training trip
- Jasper Carrott's tribute to Ed Doolan
- Brownhills stabbing: Victim named as Mylee Billingham
- Brownhills stabbing: Man arrested after girl, 8, killed
BBC Bristol News Feed
- Ben Stokes: England all-rounder will not fly to New Zealand before court date
- Hydrogen trains could bridge gaps in electrification
- Bristol City v Manchester City
- Dom Bess: Somerset off-spinner signs new two-year contract
- TV presenter sleeps rough in Weston-super-Mare
- 'Western powerhouse' aim for Cardiff, Bristol and Newport
- Supermovers scheme helps children be more active
- Alex Hales: England batsman says losing place in ODI team 'hurt massively'
- Masters 2018: Kyren Wilson edges Judd Trump 6-5 to reach first final
- Bristol: John Afoa and Harry Thacker among nine signings for next season
Cornwall Council News feed
- New approach will tackle rogue landlords and drive up standards of private rentals in Cornwall
- Caradon Community Network Panel to discuss highways maintenance and electoral review
- St Blazey, Fowey and Lostwithiel Community Network Panel meeting to discuss highways maintenance and anti-social behaviour
- Lostwithiel man pleads guilty to fly-tipping
- Food operator prosecuted for illegal crab processing business
- Who Dares Serves in St. Ives
- Residents and businesses in Cornwall urged to go plastic free
- Accountable Care System Inquiry – day three round up
- BBC apologises to Cornwall Council and CORMAC for breach of editorial standards
- Community safety on the agenda for Launceston Community Network Panel
BBC Essex News Feed
- East of England Ambulance: 'Risk summit' over death claims
- Breck Bednar murder: Killer posted blogs from jail
- Essex and Suffolk Water van driver gets stuck in water
- Chemical student preparing for one shot at Commonwealth glory
- Ice warning after snow and flooding affects the UK
- Colchester United 1-1 Grimsby Town
- Colchester stabbing: Two teenagers wanted by police
- Rochdale P-P Southend United
- Gary Bassett death: Lloyd Deacon jailed for manslaughter
- Patient 'froze to death' in East of England Ambulance delays
BBC Hampshire News Feed
- Sex abuse survivor tells story in bid to encourage others
- Anger over 'stinking seaweed' in Emsworth street
- New chief for Southampton Airport
- Southampton still playing for Pellegrino - Graeme le Saux
- Matt Targett: Fulham sign Southampton left-back on loan
- The Hampshire school where pupils are learning to move
- Three passengers die in two-car crash near Lasham
- 'Ice Maiden' team celebrates Antarctica ski record
- Maidstone United v Eastleigh
- Aldershot Town v Ebbsfleet United
BBC Manchester News Feeds
- Maxine Peake appointed honorary professor
- Wigan Athletic: League One club confirm advanced takeover talks
- Joey Barton claims 50% of professional footballers bet on matches
- Manchester United remain football's top revenue-generator
- Alexis Sanchez: Arsenal forward joins Man Utd in swap with Henrikh Mkhitaryan
- Alexis Sanchez: How forward ended up at Man Utd & where will he fit in?
- Kevin de Bruyne signs new Manchester City deal until 2023
- Bristol City v Manchester City
- Man jailed for dangerous driving death of Helena Thurm
- Salford man pleads guilty to 16 terrorism charges
BBC Lincolnshire News Feed
- Horse rider's plea to drivers after 'nightmare' crash
- Red Arrows ejector seat firm pleads guilty to RAF Scampton pilot death
- UKIP leader Henry Bolton hit by resignations
- Appeal for drivers to carry next-of-kin cards
- Barnet v Lincoln City
- Alex Masters death: Godmother told nurse 'I killed baby'
- Home needed for 6ft soft toy Happy Feet penguin
- Lincolnshire hare coursing: Seized dogs to be rehomed
- Air Ambulance is to start operating 24 hours a day
- Margaret Thatcher set to lose out in Parliament Square statue battle
Amersham News Views and Information News Feed
- Beacon School, Amersham, Messy Play Morning for 2-5 year olds – 10 March and 12 May
- SHOTOKAN KARATE CLASSES – Amersham – Jan 18
- Memory Information Session – 27th February – Amersham Museum
- Christmas Concert – Fundraising for AMCHOR & Friends of the Belarusian Childrens Hospice – 10 Dec – Amersham
- Buy Local Gifts at Amersham Museum’s Christmas Fair, 2 nd & 3 rd December
- Hearing Dogs Christmas Market – Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th November
- Drawing for Beginners: Still-Life and Animal Studies – Amersham – 29 Nov & 6 Dec
- Amersham & Chesham Bois Choral Society Concert – Amersham – 25 November
- Live Stand Up Comedy at the Mad Squirrel Tap & Bottle Shop – Amersham – 22 November
- Live Stand Up Comedy at the Mad Squirrel Tap & Bottle Shop – Amersham – 8 November
This week Charnwood Borough Council were successfully re-accredited against the East Midlands Regional Councillor Development Charter; this is the third time they have been awarded this achievement demonstrating their ongoing commitment and engagement with investing in councillor learning and development. The assessment team led by Lisa...
Government, Midlands Connect & East Midlands Councils agree priorities to maximise the benefits of HS2 and improve Services on the Midland Main Line
The partial opening of the East Midlands Hub Station in Toton, several years before HS2 arrives in 2033, is part of a package of priorities the Department for Transport has agreed to work on with Midlands Connect and East Midlands Councils to maximise the economic benefits of HS2. A commitment to work together to achieve four key...
Everyone at EMC would like to express their sincere condolences on hearing the very sad news of the death of Councillor Ernie White. Ernie was a hardworking, dedicated and respected councillor, and a thoroughly decent man, and will be hugely missed
The East Midlands Council offices will be closed over the Christmas period, from Friday 22 December and will open again on Tuesday 2 January 2017.
The National Employers have today (5.12.17) made the attached pay offer to the NJC local government unions which includes changes to the national pay spine from 2019. A meeting will be taking place with trade unions nationally on 13th December 2017 as part of national negotiations.
Council leaders meeting at last Friday’s East Midlands HS2 Strategic Board re-affirmed the importance of good local rail connectivity to the proposed HS2 Hub Station at Toton – and strongly opposed any plans to slow down rail services between Derby and Nottingham to serve the new station. The news comes after media reports cited...
The effect of chronic underinvestment in the region was perhaps emphasised by the publication SMC’s 5th ‘State of the Nation’ report (available here). It paints a grim picture for the region and highlights a striking geographical divide with London and its surrounding areas pulling away from the rest of the country, while...
East Midlands Declaration on Infrastructure Funding At the East Midlands Infrastructure Summit on 27 November 2017, Cllr Kay Cutts, Leader Nottinghamshire County Council, Sir Peter SouIsby, City Mayor, Leicester City Council; Rt. Hon Nicky Morgan MP, Lilian Greenwood MP, Sir John Peace, Chairman, Midlands Engine; and Natalie Gasson, Chair...
The latest edition of the EMC HR Bulletin is available from below EMC HR Bulletin November 2017 This month we provide an update on national pay developments, following announcements on increases to the National Living Wage and Living Wage Foundation rate. We also provide a link to slides from the recent HRMC webinar on...
An independent technical report published today by HS2 East has concluded that over 60% of the wider economic benefits of Phase 2 will be delivered on the eastern leg of HS2. The high speed connection will unlock potential, creating additional jobs and opportunities to benefit millions of residents in the surrounding regions. The...
East Midlands Local Authority Challenge 2017 - The Results Thursday 16 November East Midlands Councils held the East Midlands Local Authority Challenge at Donington Race Track. 78 people from 13 teams from across the East Midlands took part in the challenge and competed for the coveted prize of the Local Authority Challenge East Midlands...
This month’s bulletin gives information on a regional-level plan of work for EMC as an employers’ organisation as well as joint work with trade unions over the forthcoming year. The learning and development section includes a snapshot of forthcoming events, including details of a webinar being provided by HMRC specifically...
On 16 November 13 teams from local authorities in the East Midlands will take part in the East Midlands Local Authority Challenge. This year the awards East Midlands Local Authority Challenge Winners for 2017 Best Chief Executive Best Residents’ Magazine Best Presentation Best Partnership Working award Authorities taking...
Council Leaders write to MPs about concerns on Regional Infrastructure Funding. MPs Letter - October 2017 Levels of Public Investment in the East Midlands
Following a series of significant announcements on infrastructure investment in the East Midlands, East Midlands Councils and East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire) would like to invite you to attend a special Summit to discuss the future of the region’s transport projects and how local business growth can be...
Programme Manager - Strategic Infrastructure - East Midlands Councils and Transport for the East Midlands Grade J - £41,025 to £42,899 per annum (37 hours per week) - market supplement may apply Fixed Term Contract or Secondment Opportunity until September 2019 East Midlands Councils (EMC) is offering a fixed term or...
October 3, 2017News Release Thousands of jobs and almost £4billion for economy detailed in HS2 Strategy ‘People, place and connectivity’ are the focus of a new East Midlands HS2 Growth Strategy, revealing how the planned high speed rail network could add thousands of jobs and billions of pounds to the...