News in Britain
BBC Birmingham News Feeds
- Freedom of Dudley given to Paralympic star Jordanne Whiley
- Driver of 44-tonne truck caught using mobile
- Jon Whitney: Walsall players will 'have me queuing up at dole office', warns manager
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital feels pressure of Worcestershire downgrade
- Birmingham Airport reveals plan for £100m investment
- Fewer drivers on mobile phones 'caught by police'
- Why Birmingham's water comes from Wales
- Black Country scrapyard slavery probe finds 'malnourished' men
- 'Burn in hell' tight jeans Muslim street preacher guilty
- Suraj Mistry jailed for manslaughter over Akhtar Javeed killing
BBC Bristol News Feed
- Bristol child sex offender Nathan Watson caught in vigilante sting
- Martin Roberts: Bristol scrum-half out for 12 weeks with dislocated elbow
- Bristol PC says Staffie success 'about ability, not looks'
- Tiny double yellow lines painted on Bristol road
- Sheffield United v Bristol Rovers
- Bath: Centre Robbie Fruean & prop Shaun Knight join Premiership club
- China's Geely joins land speed attempt
- Bath City fans' buyout bid achieves £300,000 target
- Girls as young as 12 'raped and abused' in Bristol
- Tammy Abraham: Bristol City striker like Ian Wright, says John Pemberton
Cornwall Council News feed
- Council to carry out new pilot waste project in Port Isaac
- Public meeting to be held in Falmouth to hear views on planning application PA16/00703
- Major step forward for Cornwall’s Local Plan
- Falmouth hoteliers fined after guest injured in balcony fall
- Truro night club owner fined for breaching licensing hours
- Electoral Review Panel puts forward proposal for future size of Cornwall Council
- Cornwall Housing pledges its support for Gas Safety Week 2016
- Shaping the future of services for Cornwall’s disabled children
- Transport and policing on the agenda for the Hayle and St Ives Community Network Panel meeting
- Griggs Quay, Lelant
BBC Essex News Feed
- Marc-Antoine Fortune: Southend United sign former West Brown and Celtic striker
- Teen killer James Fairweather loses appeal over jail term
- Alastair Cook: England Test captain signs new Essex contract
- Southend United 2-1 Oxford United
- Crawley Town 1-1 Colchester United
- Hakan Hayrettin: Braintree Town appoint new first-team manager
- Colchester high school abolishes 'traditional' homework
- Jaik Mickleburgh: Essex batsman to leave Division Two champions
- Paul Walter: Essex all-rounder signs new deal until 2018
- John 'Goldfinger' Palmer: Criminal was under surveillance for 16 years
BBC Hampshire News Feed
- Chris Todd: Former Eastleigh manager training with Torquay United
- South East Coast Ambulance Service 'to be put in special measures'
- Portsmouth tower block evacuated after fire
- Roy Galvin dies after cyclist 'dispute' in Gosport
- Basingstoke crash victim falls from bridge onto ring road
- Fareham firefighter's life-saving device rolled out to navy
- Portsmouth: Paul Cook admits to away form concerns after 'flat' Blackpool display
- Fewer drivers on mobile phones 'caught by police'
- Blackpool 3-1 Portsmouth
- Winchester prison 'likely knew' suicide inmate had noose
BBC Manchester News Feeds
- 2018 World Cup: Striker Grigg to miss Northern Ireland games
- Birkenhead lorry driver jailed for causing a mother's death
- Police hunt on the run convicted killer Mark Ryder
- Cyril Smith child abuse case: No further action
- Oliver Faughey: Man jailed for killing neighbour and stabbing mother
- 'Thumbs up' for Trafalgar Square's Fourth Plinth artwork
- Shaun Wane: Wigan Warriors coach looks for Super League win in adversity
- James Anderson and Mark Wood out of England's tour to Bangladesh
- Cheshire police and fire HQ sell-off plan is shelved
- Celtic v Manchester City: Pep Guardiola 'satisfied' with 3-3 draw
BBC Lincolnshire News Feed
- Red Arrows on 60-day 'Best of British' tour
- Donington Co-op 'destroyed' in botched ram-raid
- Serco apologises over latest school payroll blunder
- Disposable women
- Civic reception for Paralympian javelin thrower Hollie Arnold
- Red Arrows pilot death: Ejector seat firm to be prosecuted
- Virgin East Coast rail staff to strike on 3 October
- Church burial for Stickney garden remains
- Lincolnshire's chief constable criticises ambulance numbers
- Dover Athletic 2-0 Lincoln City
Amersham News Views and Information News Feed
- Chiltern Humanists Afternoon Meeting 11th October
- Chesham Theatre Company Presents Agatha Christie’s “The Unexpected Guest” 10-12 November
- Chiltern Humanists September Meeting (13/09/16)
- Lt. Missenden Festival of Music and the Arts – October 7th – 16th
- Movie on the Lawn, an outdoor screening of Top Gun – September 3
- Beginner’s Guide to Freelance Journalism: a day workshop – Amersham – October 1
- A History of Amersham with Julian Hunt 25th August
- New book provides fascinating insight into Amersham in the 1940s
- The Somme – Exploding the myths about the battle – Saturday 15th October
- Local Chiltern Countryside Inspires Innovative Audio Stories to Help Young Children Sleep at Night
Two people are held on suspicion of murder after a three-month-old girl was found "unresponsive" on a bus.
As the first anniversary of the plastic bag charge in England approaches, researchers tell BBC News what other types of packaging the government might consider charging for.
Reports of a teenage girl being abducted on her way to school in Oxford tap into every parent's greatest fears. But just how common are child abductions in the UK?
International Trade Secretary Liam Fox says he wants the UK's trade with the European Union to be "at least as free" after Brexit.
Two bodies are recovered from water after being spotted on a tidal mudbank in Norfolk.
A teenage girl who was abducted while walking to school was raped by "more than one man", police say.
Police appealing for information after a teenage girl walking to school was abducted by two men and raped are asking people to check video footage for images of a silver car.
Barnsley sack assistant boss Tommy Wright following allegations of football corruption in a Daily Telegraph investigation.
Young women are the highest risk group for mental health problems, according to new data released by NHS Digital.
Sir Cliff Richard talks moving on with his life and reveals the single from his new album.
Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe is to retire in 2017 after five years as the commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, the force announces.
A European court has dismissed a claim by men found liable for the Omagh bomb that court action against them was unfair.
It will be "impossible" for Brexit talks to result in a deal that gives Britons more rights than others outside the EU, Italian PM Matteo Renzi says.
A teenage girl walking to school is abducted by two men and subjected to a serious sexual assault.
Italy's PM says it will be "impossible" for Brexit talks to provide a deal that gives British people more rights than those outside the EU.
Police continue to question a man on suspicion of murdering a couple who were found stabbed on a Cardiff street near to where they worked.
Police body cameras can dramatically reduce the number of complaints against officers, a major research project suggests.
Campaigners call for reform as figures reveal taxpayers are paying more than £400,000 a year to subsidise a Saudi billionaire's farm.
Sir Cliff Richard is performing a "duet" with none other than the late Elvis Presley on his upcoming 101st album.
Nurseries in England are struggling to recruit qualified staff putting them at risk of closure, campaigners warn.