BBC Birmingham News Feeds
- Graham & Hause extend Wolves deals
- Two arrested over 'body in boot' murder
- Peterborough United v West Bromwich Albion
- Man charged after M62 fatal crash
- Dating dispute over 'oldest Koran'
- Council 'does not turn away homeless'
- Police officer denies 'kidnap hoax'
- Walsall hope to solve keeper problem
- Officer faces sex assault charges
- Could IRA bombings inquest resume?
BBC Bristol News Feed
- Spinal surgery delay hospital fined
- Williams hopes for future Wales call
- Storm Imogen leaves homes without power
- I want to lose dad's mould - Johnson
- Five Women's World Cup venues named
- VIDEO: Wurzels larking about in unseen film
- 'Flying banana' restoration begins
- Storm Imogen warning halts ferries
- Inquiry after body pulled from river
- Walk in memory of canal crash men
Cornwall Council News feed
- Buying from local selling sites and local fairs? Are you aware of risks
- Healthy communities key to the future of health services in Cornwall
- Penryn College students 'pass out' at Falmouth Community Fire Station parade
- Stay safe in the kitchen urges Cornwall Fire, Rescue and Community Safety Service
- Redruth Youth Council and health and social care integration on the agenda for the Camborne, Pool, Illogan and Redruth Community Network Panel
- Rent a pitch with a view!
- Council urges people in Cornwall to make sure they are registered to vote
- Theatre, fun and Golden Bookmarks on National Libraries Day on 06 February
- Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service urges residents to register their fridge, freezer and washing machine
- Padstow man guilty of fly tipping
BBC Essex News Feed
- Southend's Leonard out until April
- Postal present for stolen shopping cop
- Steroids sold illegally via Facebook
- Man charged with terrorism offences
- Mansion shooting victim 'was alone'
- Burglars shoot man through bedroom door
- Southend United v Colchester United
- 'You don't have to pay full price'
- Fixing rural broadband 'not spots'
- E-fits of laughter at farcical faces
BBC Hampshire News Feed
- Car hits tree brought down by Imogen
- VIDEO: Huge waves crash over Southsea sea wall
- Pompey skipper urges quick response
- VIDEO: FGM midwife was mutilated aged 10
- Storm Imogen warning halts ferries
- 'Croaky-voiced' armed robber on the run
- Family's high-rise flat wrecked by fire
- Island's only ice arena reopens
- Global donations for 'bus stop' cat
- Lincoln City v Eastleigh
BBC Manchester News Feeds
- Man bailed after street stabbing arrest
- Man held after woman stabbed to death
- The place where no-one is a witness
- Missing rapist 'may be in Pakistan'
- Victorious Broady moves into top 100
- 'Sole focus gives Foxes advantage'
- Mourinho story made up, says Van Gaal
- Barnsley 3-0 Bury
- Mosque open days to 'explain faith'
- Murder arrest after street stabbing
BBC Lincolnshire News Feed
- Whales died 'hunting for squid'
- Oil giant fined £3m for gas leak
- 'Huge scale' £1m drugs gang jailed
- Boston Stump to reopen after flood work
- Lincoln City v Eastleigh
- Custody battle wife killer loses appeal
- The places where it's rather hard to get a bus
- Legal high dealers pushed underground
- Air defence college set for Lincoln
- Men jailed over karaoke attack
Amersham News Views and Information News Feed
- The Chiltern Camerata performs choral and orchestral music by Mozart and Haydn – 27 February
- Bubble Rush Sunday 17 April 2016 – Gadebridge Park, Hemel Hempstead
- Chiltern Humanists Meeting 9th February
- THE MARTYRS OF AMERSHAM Community Play – March 10 – 19
- More Details on the Redevelopment of Iceland Building
- ‘The Magic Toyshop’ musical family play is a world premiere to be performed at the Elgiva 21st-24th Jan 2016
- Amersham Museum’s Winter Tales talks 2016 – Jan, Feb & March
- Appeal for information after robbery – Amersham – 26 November
- Amersham’s Entertainer Says “Nostalgia rules this Christmas”
- Biggest Loser – Hospice of St Francis sponsored weight-loss and fitness challenge
The Good Councillors Guide 2016 has been produced by NALC.
This can be downloaded from NALC's website, in the development tools section of the members' area (log in required). To order the Good Councillor's Guide member councils should contact LRALC directly ...
All at LRALC were very sad to hear of the passing of Roger Begy this morning following a short illness.
In all LRALC's dealings with Roger we found a man who was dedicated to the people and parishes of Rutland, and we know all of our Rutland member councils will miss his presence, both ...
Today Leicestershire County Council hosted an award ceremony for the first 5 of our member councils to achieve Local Council Award Scheme accreditation.
At the ceremony following councils were presented with their certificates by the Chairman of Leicestershire County ...
DCLG is consulting on proposed changes to national planning policy and we are sure many parish councils will be interested in responding to the consultation.
Please click here for the consultation document.
As reported in our Newsletter on Friday 18th December, DCLG has published documents on the local government finance settlement. These can be found at:
Leicestershire County Council has launched a one-off SHIRE Community Grants programme, where they will be making 6 individual one-off grants of (up to) £30,000 each, for 6 different projects, to be delivered over a 12 month period during the 2016-17 financial year (i.e. April 2016 onwards) ...
The LRALC 2015 Newsletter No. 8 is available to download now. Contents include:
Top tip – Employment status
URGENT INFORMATION (received 16th December): LCC Leicestershire Parishes Website Service – Update from Leicestershire County Council...
At its recent AGM in Birmingham NALC delegates agreed to increase the NALC element of the affiliation fee from 5.6p to 6.6p per elector.
This is seperate from the LRALC element of the fee which was frozen for 2014-15 (despite our Strategic Plan identifying an "in principal" ...
The LRALC office will close at 4.30pm on the 23rd December and the office will re-open at 8am on Monday 4th January.
Whatever your views are on the advert itself, the newly launched "Workie says: Don't ignore the Workplace Pension" campaign should have struck and nerve with every parish councillor and clerk in the country, and if it hasn't then those concerned are probably still not aware of the imminent duties that ...
It is that time of year again; the precept and budget setting period for parish and town councils.
Each year we hear of horror stories where a council has gone into confidential session (i.e. excluded the public) to set the budget and/or precept, or even worse agreed the budget/precept ...
The LRALC 2015 Newsletter No. 7 is available to download now. Contents include:
Top tip – The Power to Spend
The Glasgow Bin Lorry Crash – Lessons for Local Councils (article by Personnel Advice & Solutions Ltd)
New measures to simplify and speed ...