BBC Birmingham News Feeds
- Morgan heckled at heads' conference
- Road closures warning ahead of 10km race
- WBA appoint Hammond technical director
- Wolves 'close, but not close enough'
- Men accused of funding Brussels suspect
- Watford v Aston Villa
- West Bromwich Albion v West Ham United
- Nottingham Forest v Wolves
- Woman dies in Birmingham house fire
- Van Gerwen joins Taylor in play-offs
BBC Bristol News Feed
- York City 1-4 Bristol Rovers
- Cancer man hits £400k treatment target
- 'Wolf in sheep's clothing' rapist jailed
- Northampton v Bath (Sat)
- VIDEO: Woman hopes to be grappling champ
- Becky Watts garden work starts
- Canal crash pair 'drowned in vehicle'
- Tech coaching boost for entrepreneurs
- Bristol City v Huddersfield Town
- Anger after girl died during torchlit op
Cornwall Council News feed
- Scarletts Well cycle improvements begin
- Council strongly opposes Government’s forced academisation plans
- New seven day a week short stay car park opens in Truro
- Opportunity to perform alongside the BBC Concert Orchestra
- Invitation to find out about local matters at the Newquay and St Columb Community Network Panel meeting
- Music Hub Orchestras’ Easter Extravaganza!
- Cornwall Council celebrates the Queen’s 90th birthday by lighting beacon at County Hall
- Consultation begins to help plan future provision of sites for Gypsies, Travellers and Travelling Showpeople in Cornwall
- A39 Stickenbridge drainage and road realignment scheme
- BeachWise partnership launched
BBC Essex News Feed
- Braintree Town v Altrincham
- Southend United v Bradford City
- Barnsley v Colchester United
- Arrest after badly-burned woman found
- Teen inspired by serial killers detained
- Wright surprised by Keen Colchester exit
- Teen faces £2k bill for mum's funeral
- The PE teacher on verge of Football League
- Fashion exec faces no action over death
- 'Radical solution' to 'unsafe' hospital
BBC Hampshire News Feed
- Flat death treated as 'suspicious'
- Crowdfunded ferry service set to launch
- Woking v Eastleigh
- Bromley v Aldershot Town
- Hartlepool United v Portsmouth
- Arrest made over 'hammer' attack
- Landslip railway line to reopen
- England fans fined over hotel fight
- New chief appointed to under-fire trust
- Expenses fraud MEP jailed for four years
BBC Manchester News Feeds
- Wigan bounce back and a penalty-saving teen
- 'I knew in my head we would go up'
- Thunder & Storm reach Superleague final
- FC Halifax Town 1-1 Macclesfield Town
- Braintree Town 3-0 Altrincham
- Rochdale 2-2 Swindon Town
- Chesterfield 3-0 Bury
- Millwall 3-0 Oldham Athletic
- Salford City promoted to National League
- Blackpool 0-4 Wigan Athletic
BBC Lincolnshire News Feed
- Cheltenham Town 3-1 Lincoln City
- Trespassers damage bomber memorial spire
- Man seriously hurt on railway tracks
- Cyclist died after being hit by bus
- Future of maternity care considered
- 'Not diverse' nursery report withdrawn
- Work on Quadrant development set to start
- Street sign switched in mystery prank
- Buildings up for top architecture prize
- S-Sugar bomber fuselage recreated
Amersham News Views and Information News Feed
- Maryam Namazie – Sharia law and free expression – 11th May
- ‘Hay Fever’ by Noel Coward, performed by Chesham Bois Catholic Players 20-22 May
- Amersham Museum Talks – Spring/Summer 2016
- The Chiltern Camerata – 20th Anniversary Concert – 15th May
- The Chesham Germains Male Voice Choir Annual Charity Concert on Saturday 14th May
- AMCHOR Concert – 14 May – Old Amersham
- Easter Family Fun at Amersham Museum
- The Comedy of Errors. Fast moving Shakespeare comedy staged by Chiltern Shakespeare Company 8-18 June
- One Night Only. An Evening Concert – 12 June
- Amersham Museum opens for the 2016 season
Congratulations to Anstey Parish (our host council) who have achieved the coveted NALC Council of the Week award. Anstey Parish Council were only the 8th council nationally to be awarded the Quality Gold standard under the Local Council Award Scheme.
The current LRALC Constitution can be found below. This was amended at the November 2015 Executive Committee to clarify the position regarding Executive Committee member who cease to be a Councillor at a LRALC member council.
The new Governance and Accountability document has been updated and was reissued by the Joint Practitioners' Advisory Group (JPAG) by 31 March 2016.
The below sections contained in the overall PDF update here were issued for publication by 31 March 2016;...
This year's programme for both Urban and Rural Grass Cutting will start on Tuesday 29th March. This year there will be six cuts, an increase from 5 cuts last year. The programme will be published on the LCC website and anticipated to be updated weekly....
The Leicestershire Parish Councils website service (see here) operated by Leicestershire County Council will cease on the 31st August 2016. On this date the servers hosting these sites will be switched off, and any content not migrated from these sites will be lost ...
Please click on the link below for the latest communication from SAAA's chairman.
This document along with updated flowcharts and FAQs are also available on the SAAA website www.localaudits.co.uk
Government has (finally) announced the s137 Limit for 2016-17 - £7.42 Per Elector.
For full details see the briefing below (you must be logged in to access this).
A challenging and interesting opportunity has arisen for a suitably experienced, enthusiastic and competent clerk and RFO for Kirby Muxloe Parish Council. We are seeking a Clerk/RFO to work full time from our Parish Council office in the heart of the village. The parish council is responsible for the ...
We get many queries from member councils who do not have any staff that require enrolment into a pension.
The most common of these questions are:
1) Which tasks do I need to carry out if I don't have staff that need to be put into a pension scheme?
2) Do I need ...
Today at the LRALC External Audit briefing Grant Thornton announced that the Annual Return and associated information will be sent out by them to all LRALC member councils week ending 18th March 2016.
There are a number of changes to external audit this year. Please ...
Ministers have chosen not to make sweeping changes to the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act, including ruling out fees for requests for information.
The decision follows publication of a report by an independent commission asked to examine the Act.
There had ...
Following a number of requests from member councils the LRALC Executive Committee considered endorsing a local council payroll provider at its meeting before Christmas.
As a result of this LRALC now endorses the payroll service provided by DCK Beavers. Many of you will know ...
A reminder that the LRALC's office weekday opening hours are 8am till 2pm, apart from Mondays and Thursdays when the office is open 8am till 1pm.
However, the office is often staffed outside of these times and we would therefore urge callers to leave a message on the answering ...
The Good Councillors Guide 2016 has been produced by NALC.
This can be downloaded from NALC's website, in the development tools section of the members' area (log in required). To order the Good Councillor's Guide member councils should contact LRALC directly ...
All at LRALC were very sad to hear of the passing of Roger Begy this morning following a short illness.
In all LRALC's dealings with Roger we found a man who was dedicated to the people and parishes of Rutland, and we know all of our Rutland member councils will miss his presence, both ...
Today Leicestershire County Council hosted an award ceremony for the first 5 of our member councils to achieve Local Council Award Scheme accreditation.
At the ceremony following councils were presented with their certificates by the Chairman of Leicestershire County ...
DCLG is consulting on proposed changes to national planning policy and we are sure many parish councils will be interested in responding to the consultation.
Please click here for the consultation document.