BBC Birmingham News Feeds
- Tipton's only VC winner honoured with memorial stone
- Saido Berahino: West Brom turn down £20m bids from Crystal Palace and Stoke
- Kevin McDonald: Fulham sign Wolves midfielder as Fernando Amorebieta leaves
- Prayers held after girl dies falling from flat window in Birmingham
- Carles Gil: Aston Villa midfielder signs for Deportivo La Coruna on a year's loan
- Dan Evans loses to Jack Sock at Citi Open in Washington
- Perry Beeches Academy Trust: Critical EFA report delayed
- Homes set to replace Hall Green greyhound track
- Birmingham prison officer Richard Stack jailed for drug smuggling
- Suspended head teacher leaves St Barnabas Primary School
BBC Bristol News Feed
- Kyle Eastmond: Wasps sign England centre from Bath
- Harry Studley: Toddler shot in head could be in hospital 'months or years'
- Police divers find lost engagement ring in Bristol harbour
- Russian hot air balloon adventurer breaks world record
- DJ Derek inquest: Death will 'remain a mystery'
- County Championship: Leicestershire wrap up win over Gloucestershire
- West country regional adoption agency proposed
- A Bristol charity opens the region's first safe house for trafficked men
- County Championship: Glos v Leics intriguingly poised after day two
- Marcus Trescothick: 'Hard work and glasses' helping Somerset batsman's form
Cornwall Council News feed
- More than one million people set to benefit from extra lane on A30 bottleneck
- Trading Standards issue cold caller warning following conviction of local rogue trader
- Online poll opened for public to have their say on 'Who decides'
- People aged 50+ invited to ask ‘Are you being served?’
- Cornwall Councillors agree to increase minimum wage in line with rate set by Living Wage Foundation
- Cash in the attic or garage!
- Cornwall is awarded £8.9m from Big Lottery Fund to provide emotional health support for young people
- Cornwall Council backs Royal British Legion’s ‘Making the Census Count’ campaign
- Councillors calls on Government to reconsider transitional pension arrangements for women born in 1950’s
- Cornwall Council results for St Teath and St Breward and Newquay Treviglas by elections
BBC Essex News Feed
- 'Near miss' after 'instructions given to wrong plane'
- Phil Brown: Sam Allardyce's England interests Southend boss
- Kelly Pearce murder trial: Accused Anthony Ayres gives evidence
- Rio 2016: Emily Scott goes from boy's team to GB women's sevens squad
- Spurs' Mauricio Pochettino in amputee Shaun Whiter tribute
- Iain Moody: Colchester United appoint new head of player resources
- Sam Allardyce says West Ham con accused was 'extremely smart'
- Driver 'could not have stopped' in fatal Basildon crash
- Vilson Meshi death: London teen arrested in murder probe
- Man charged with Teynham death of cyclist Barbara Phipps
BBC Hampshire News Feed
- America's Cup World Series: Sir Ben Ainslie's team take lead
- 'Cannabis boat' seized in the Isle of Wight
- Portsmouth minister 'no longer needed'
- Portsmouth Victoria Cross hero John Leak stone unveiled
- Hampshire: Dale Benkenstein leaves as head coach for family reasons
- Adam McGurk: Cambridge United sign forward from Portsmouth
- Hampshire waste and recycling centres' one-day closures approved
- In pictures: America's Cup racing in Portsmouth
- Basingstoke glider crash: Pilot named by police
- Southsea's South Parade Pier owners 'committed to reopening'
BBC Manchester News Feeds
- Labour leadership: Corbyn says his 'social movement' will win elections
- Fabian Delph: Manchester City midfielder on learning from Pep Guardiola
- Sunderland: David Moyes replaces Sam Allardyce as manager
- Manchester United's Guillermo Varela joins Eintracht Frankfurt on loan
- Salford Red Devils: Luke Burgess and Feleti Mateo join
- Man fined £90 for kicking Manchester cenotaph wreath
- Danny Whitehead: Cheltenham Town loan Wigan Athletic midfielder
- England v Pakistan: Fans' views on Second Test at Old Trafford
- Sam Allardyce named England manager by the Football Association
- The world's first graphene car is unveiled in Manchester
BBC Lincolnshire News Feed
- 'Unexplained death' probe after body found in Skegness
- Spalding shootings: Inquests set to open
- Daisy wheel 'protection graffiti' found at Lincoln Cathedral
- Universities announce fees above £9,000 limit
- Unconscious man rescued after Skegness 'pier' dive
- Spalding shootings: Killer father had no firearms licence
- Spalding shooting: Three members of family killed
- Plans to cut the number of Lincolnshire firefighters
- UK fraud police release wanted list
- 'King Coal' Richard Budge, of RJB Mining, dies aged 69
Amersham News Views and Information News Feed
- The Somme – Exploding the myths about the battle – Saturday 15th October
- Local Chiltern Countryside Inspires Innovative Audio Stories to Help Young Children Sleep at Night
- Summer Holiday Fun at Amersham Museum
- Mud Pack III – Support The Hospice of St Francis
- PlayBall – Weekly Softball & Baseball – Amersham
- Lots for Tots Sale – 18 June – Amersham
- Restorative Yoga – Restorative Yoga for the Buckinghamshire Community
- Half term Fun at Amersham Museum
- Simpatico and Katharine Parkin at Bucks Open Studios 2016 – Amersham 11-26 June
- Get on your bike and support Scannappeal’s Pedal for Prostate Team – July 17
The Smaller Authorities' Transparency Code came into force on 1 April 2015 and requires the on-line publication of certain information to provide taxpayers with a clear picture of their local authority. It will improve the ability of communities to hold local public bodies to account. The Government ...
LRALC informed all member councils of the newly issued NALC/SLCC pay scales (and the associated NALC briefing) via our last Newsletter and a recent round robin.
However, it is clear some councils still have not applied the newly issued pay scales (where they are ...
The presentations and other materials from the LCC event on the 11th July 2016 can be found below.
Unfortunately, due to illness, the Councillor Training planned for this evening (12th July 2016) is cancelled. If you have delegates booked to attend please inform them as soon as possible. The LRALC office will also be contacting those parishes concerned ...
On 28 June 2016 JPAG approved Section 5 of 'Governance and Accountability for Smaller Authorities in England - Practitioners' Guide 2016' for publication. Section 5 contains supporting information and practical examples, supplementing (but not forming part of) the 'proper practices' set out in ...
Today the BIG Lottery Fund have launched a new programme offering grants of between £300 and £10,000 for groups to hold one off events or activities which celebrate their local communities.
There is a new application process which links from their ...
The newly issued Annual Report for the Association (incorporating the LRALC Accounts) can be found by clicking the link below.
All local councils with a turnover of £25k or less are now only a week away from the deadline for publishing their annual data for 2015-16 on a public website.
The following must be published by 1st July:
- ll items of income and expenditure above ...
Consultation closes 8th July.
The Department for Communities and Local Government is consulting on proposals to update the Local Government Transparency Code 2015, in particular to change the way that local authorities record details of their land and property assets, and publish information ...
Click the link below to see a summary of the results of our recent website provider survey.
On Wednesday 11th May the Court of Appeal allowed the Governments appeal against the quashing of the 10 dwellings or fewer exemption that Reading and West Berkshire secured previously in the high court. This appeal was allowed on all four grounds against Mr Justice Holgate's judgment in West Berkshire ...
A referendum on the UK's membership of the European Union will take place on Thursday, 23 June 2016.
The Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000 places restrictions on the material that local authorities and others can publish about the referendum. These ...
A new equalities strategy
The consultation is now live for the draft of Leicestershire County Council's new Equality Strategy and Action Plan. The consultation period runs from 25 April 2016 to 27 May 2016.
The strategy focuses on three priority aims for Leicestershire: ...
Congratulations to Anstey Parish (our host council) who have achieved the coveted NALC Council of the Week award. Anstey Parish Council were only the 8th council nationally to be awarded the Quality Gold standard under the Local Council Award Scheme.