BBC Birmingham News Feeds
- Playing football as bombs and bullets fly in Syria
- What about other UK airports' expansion plans?
- Man convicted of Kenichi Philips car shooting murder
- Abused woman 'failed' as imam Hifiz Rahman flees
- Walter Zenga: Wolves sack head coach after 87 days in charge
- Man jailed over Smethwick internet cafe murder
- Jonas Olsson: West Bromwich Albion defender will wait for Premier League chance
- Solihull Moors v Forest Green Rovers
- Great Barr hit-and-run: Hunt for driver who fled scene
- UKIP contender Bill Etheridge quits leadership race
BBC Bristol News Feed
- Bristol MetroBus scheme costs rise spiral
- Tammy Abraham: Bristol City's on-loan striker targets '30-plus' goals this season
- Ferry cash pulled from Bristol Harbour by police divers
- Craig Miles: Gloucestershire seamer signs new contract
- Tammy Abraham: EFL Young Player award for Bristol City's on-loan Chelsea striker
- Bristol City v Hull City
- Newfoundland dogs being trained to save lives
- Archive footage of Bamboo Club 50 years on
- Showbiz career on hold as Edd Shervington joins Bristol on short-term deal
- Mike Ford: Ex-Bath head coach named Toulon boss
Cornwall Council News feed
- Mary celebrates extra special 100th birthday at Wyndhurst Orchard, Wadebridge
- Caradon Community Network Panel to discuss policing and young people
- Have fun this Halloween – dress children safely
- Have fun this Halloween – dress children safely (1)
- Cornwall Housing tenants launch volunteer Digital Champions team
- Criminal conviction for woman from Par who sold fake goods in St Ives
- Cornwall Council prepares to transfer sites to St Austell Town Council
- Improved access to homes in Penvale Villas, Penryn
- Plymouth man pleads guilty to fly-tipping near Bodmin
- Local motor dealer prosecuted for selling misdescribed and unroadworthy vehicles
BBC Essex News Feed
- Woking 2-3 Braintree Town
- International Championship: Ronnie O'Sullivan beats Kurt Maflin to reach last 16
- On-the-run fraudster Norman Fowler arrested in Spain
- Essex girls rise to delete term from dictionary
- Ronnie O'Sullivan says he is 'not good enough' to compete with world's best
- Fire destroys roof of 150-year-old pub at Great Wakering
- Armed raiders break through locked door of Dunmow bookmakers
- Burglars tie up Great Leighs couple and take cash
- The bereavement midwife: Is this the saddest job in England?
- Man being held in custody in hospital flees in bed gown
BBC Hampshire News Feed
- Southern Health criticised for poor family communication
- Southampton v Sunderland
- New teacher found for tiny island school
- Driver dies in head-on crash with van at Harley Mauditt
- New Forest information centre to close under tourism review
- Dagenham & Redbridge v Aldershot Town
- Eastleigh v Torquay United
- Farnborough Village Hotel evacuated after chlorine leak
- Solent devolution plan U-turn by Isle of Wight council
- Two men sought after woman raped in Aldershot underpass
BBC Manchester News Feeds
- Fraudsters jailed over stolen identity scams
- Pep Guardiola: Man City boss awaits Yaya Toure agent's apology
- Luke Rhoden death: Doctor warned police 'restraint could kill'
- Manchester United: Eric Bailly hopes to be back from knee injury in two months
- Gary Caldwell: Wigan Athletic manager sacked after 18 months in charge
- Manchester United v Manchester City
- Macclesfield Town v Chester
- Odemwingie joins Rotherham after training at Bolton
- Paolo Odogwu: Sale Sharks wing resembles Jason Robinson, says Steve Diamond
- Bury v Bolton Wanderers
BBC Lincolnshire News Feed
- Lincoln City v Boreham Wood
- The police force looking for a leader
- Red Arrows touch down in China on world tour
- Lincoln City v Eastleigh
- Hayley Milne: Bright future beckons for stand-out Para-swimmer
- Hayley Milne: Para-swimmer focused on Tokyo 2020 Games
- Spalding man dies four days after being found injured
- Lincolnshire devolution deal in doubt after no vote
- Lincolnshire Police continues global search for new chief
- Sibsey crash: One dead and two seriously injured
Amersham News Views and Information News Feed
- Chiltern Humanists host “My Death, My Decision” A talk by Phil Cheatle 8 November
- 2nd Amersham Common Scout Group Jumble Sale – Amersham – 15 October
- Autumn Craft Fair for Christian Aid – Amersham – 29 October
- Sew Much Fun Workshops – Amersham – 25 October
- Chiltern Humanists Afternoon Meeting 11th October
- Chesham Theatre Company Presents Agatha Christie’s “The Unexpected Guest” 10-12 November
- Chiltern Humanists September Meeting (13/09/16)
- Lt. Missenden Festival of Music and the Arts – October 7th – 16th
- Movie on the Lawn, an outdoor screening of Top Gun – September 3
- Beginner’s Guide to Freelance Journalism: a day workshop – Amersham – October 1
LRALC Awarded Runner-Up Status in Outstanding Project of The Year Category at NALC Star Councils Ceremony
Following the news that LRALC was a finalist in the NALC Star Councils Awards (http://www.nalc.gov.uk/news/entry/669-star-councils-2016-awards-finalists-declared) in the CALC Outstanding Project of The Year category your Association was announced as runner up at the awards last night ...
The LRALC 2016 Newsletter No. 5 is available to download now. Contents include:
Top Tip – Parish Councils and the use of photographs taken in public.
Parish Councils and Pension Auto Enrolment - Don't Get Fined!
NALC Chairman & Chief ...
The Government is consulting on proposals to extend referendum principles (the requirement to hold a referendum if the proposed council tax increase exceeds a set threshold) to parish and town councils for the first time. Those of you involved in the sector for more than a year will know that there have ...
Information regarding Leicestershire County Council's Neighbourhood Planning Network is now hosted on a new website:
Please note that if you use the previous website address (www.leicestershireforums.org) this will automatically ...
LRALC held its Strategic Planning Away Day today. LRALC officers joined Executive Committee members at Twycross Zoo's excellent conference facilities to discuss the next 3 years of the Association's development.
The presentations from the day will be available ...
LRALC have been alarmed to discover that there are still local councils who believe that pension auto-enrolment does not impact on them as they have no employees for whom they had a duty to auto-enrol.
Employers (even small and micro employers, which many local ...
All those involved with parish and town councils should find tonight's Panorama of interest, dealing as it does with principal authority and police funding reductions, and the subsequent devolution of services to communities.
The show can be viewed here for 30 ...
A major new one day EXPO for the Local Council Sector will be held near Birmingham on 9 September 2016.
It aims to provide an opportunity for Clerks and Councillors to see the complete range of products and services that a Council might need, all in one place. If you will be looking for a ...
The LRALC 2016 Newsletter No. 4 is available to download now. Contents include:
The Smaller Authorities' Transparency Code came into force on 1 April 2015 and requires the on-line publication of certain information to provide taxpayers with a clear picture of their local authority. It will improve the ability of communities to hold local public bodies to account. The Government ...
LRALC informed all member councils of the newly issued NALC/SLCC pay scales (and the associated NALC briefing) via our last Newsletter and a recent round robin.
However, it is clear some councils still have not applied the newly issued pay scales (where they are ...
The presentations and other materials from the LCC event on the 11th July 2016 can be found below.
Unfortunately, due to illness, the Councillor Training planned for this evening (12th July 2016) is cancelled. If you have delegates booked to attend please inform them as soon as possible. The LRALC office will also be contacting those parishes concerned ...
On 28 June 2016 JPAG approved Section 5 of 'Governance and Accountability for Smaller Authorities in England - Practitioners' Guide 2016' for publication. Section 5 contains supporting information and practical examples, supplementing (but not forming part of) the 'proper practices' set out in ...
Today the BIG Lottery Fund have launched a new programme offering grants of between £300 and £10,000 for groups to hold one off events or activities which celebrate their local communities.
There is a new application process which links from their ...