BBC Birmingham News Feeds
- Walsall v Milton Keynes Dons
- Harry Redknapp: Birmingham City boss disappointed not to be safe as Villa lost
- Guiseley v Solihull Moors
- Breast surgeon Ian Paterson case: 'Hundreds' of other victims
- Birmingham 'rage room' offers novel approach to stress relief
- Breast surgeon Ian Paterson needlessly harmed patients
- Birmingham hopes for Commonwealth Games
- Isaiah Wright-Young jailed over Kenichi Phillips car shooting
- Blackburn Rovers v Aston Villa
- A woman operated on four times by Ian Paterson said it left her feeling "violated".
BBC Bristol News Feed
- Bristol Rovers v Millwall
- British 'Syria fighter' Josh Walker accused of terror offences
- Watch: Mary Hayes' firemen-for-her-birthday wish granted
- Bristol Rovers: First-team coach Steve Yates to leave the club at season's end
- Tory MP Jack Lopresti blames 'smear campaign' for deselection call
- One-Day Cup: Roelof van der Merwe seals Somerset win over Surrey
- Dirty Bristol student home wins award
- 6,000 drivers caught speeding on M32 in 15 days
- Brighton & Hove Albion v Bristol City
- NFL Draft 2017: Alex Jenkins' journey from a supermarket job to draft contender
Cornwall Council News feed
- Landlord prosecuted for unsafe House in Multiple Occupation in Camborne
- Avoid a dangerous shock this Bank Holiday weekend
- Council’s Planning Enforcement Team successfully prosecutes landowner for non-compliance with a Breach of Condition Notice
- First public Kresen Kernow site tours taking place in May
- Truro Safe Partnership helps the City’s vulnerable and launches donation points in Truro
- Stargazing event to celebrate Bodmin Moor International Dark Sky Landscape bid
- Cornwall Fire, Rescue and Community Safety Service to welcome applications for wholetime firefighters
- Work begins on repairs to Cremyll Quay on the River Tamar
- Already registered to vote in the local elections? If so no need to re-register to vote in the General Election
- Cornwall Fire, Rescue and Community Safety Service demonstrate the dangers of accidental drowning
BBC Essex News Feed
- First civilian WW2 death victims honoured in Clacton
- Aldershot Town 2-0 Braintree Town
- Leyton Orient v Colchester United
- Compost, sprouts and tinsel: The peculiar pet food peccadilloes
- Southend United submits plans for 22,000-seat stadium
- M11 crash: Lorry driver guilty of death by dangerous driving
- Basildon schoolgirl Sherie-Lea James died of drug overdose
- Westcliff High School ex-teacher acquitted of child sex offences
- MP's aide Samuel Armstrong denies Parliament rape charges
- Major clean-up under way after rubbish left in Laindon
BBC Hampshire News Feed
- Man dies in overnight collision on A31
- Mansfield Town v Portsmouth
- Aldershot Town v Braintree Town
- Eastleigh v Wrexham
- Portsmouth: Michael Eisner's takeover offer deal set out for fans
- Isle of Wight MP steps down after 'gay danger remark'
- Family 'elated' at helicopter's safe emergency landing despite tail loss
- Portsmouth: Paul Cook set to retain bulk of promotion squad for League One
- Southampton v Hull City
- British Sailing: Mark Robinson named new Olympic performance manager
BBC Manchester News Feeds
- Anthony Joshua: Tyson Fury says yes to all-British heavyweight title fight
- Wigan Athletic: Relegated Championship side have new manager shortlist ready
- Macclesfield Town 0-0 Sutton United
- Mike Samwell car theft murder accused appears in court
- Election 2017: Will the decline in younger voter turnout continue?
- Breast surgeon Ian Paterson case: 'Hundreds' of other victims
- Super League: Hull FC 34-10 Warrington Wolves
- One-Day Cup: Haseeb Hameed makes 88 but Leicestershire beat Lancashire
- Leading Manchester squash coach jailed for abusing 10 boys
- Mike Samwell car theft death: Man charged with murder
BBC Lincolnshire News Feed
- Southport 1-1 Lincoln City
- General election 2017: UKIP leader Paul Nuttall to stand in Boston and Skegness
- RSPCA warning over keeping raccoon dogs as pets
- UKIP leader tight-lipped on Boston talk
- Northern rail workers walk out as strike begins
- Lincoln Cathedral school abuse case: Ex-pupils sought
- Gainsborough burglary accused appears in court
- Northern rail strike to go ahead after talks fail
- Boston patient fatally impaled on physio hoist, court hears
- Jail for man who groomed girl on Facebook
Amersham News Views and Information News Feed
- Learn to Fly Fish for Free In Amersham – 19 May
- Amersham & Chesham Bois Choral Society Concert – Saturday 3rd June
- CRAFT FAIR – Amersham – May 27
- Concert with two choirs Bucks Voices and the Chiltern Singers – Amersham 6 May
- Scrub up for Scannappeal – fun run – Sunday 21 May
- Over the Top! by the Journeymen Theatre – Amersham – Saturday 25th March
- Much Ado About Nothing. Open Air Theatre – 14th -17th & 21st-24th June
- Charity Concert for Help Refugees – Amersham – 8th April
- Bucks Open Studios 10 – 25 June 2017
- “Percy Bysshe Shelley – A Humanist Out of Time” Presentation in Amersham 8th March 2017
The all new Good Councillors Guide is now published (see link below) and is recommended for all local council Councillors as essential reading. Its also great for Clerks!
As always, delegates attending LRALC Chairman's training and Councillor training will receive ...
A General Election will take place 8 June 2017, this follows an announcement by the prime minister on Tuesday and a vote in the House of Commons on Wednesday. Purdah for the General Election is likely to start on the day that Parliament is dissolved – expected to be 3 May – and continue until ...
Your Chief Officer is attending a Code of Conduct and Standards Arrangements event today in London (hosted by CCLA) which is discussing the eternally thorny subject of the national Standards regime for parish and town councils.
There are times when Code of ...
Unfortunately from time to time a case arises nationally where it is clear that a Parish Council has given a grant to an external body with "no strings attached", i.e. no form of written agreement or conditions specified, even in terms of simple reporting back by the beneficiary of the grant. Virtually ...
Finally the Joint Practitioners Advisory Group (JPAG) has published the new Governance and Accountability Guide. At their February meeting JPAG approved some modest amendments to the wording of the guide and while the content is not greatly changed a minor error affecting parish meetings has been ...
Follow the link below for the new NALC Devo + Toolkit
In advance of the upcoming mayoral combined authority, county and parish elections (in some areas) NALC has reissued its legal briefing L02-17 Code of Recommended Practice on Local Authority Publicity [England] (March 2017) which includes guidance on purdah ...
The pre-election 'purdah' period for the Leicestershire County Council elections has now begun (as of 13th March). All parish and town councils in Leicestershire need to be aware of the rules around purdah. The briefing here provides guidance.
Last week at the LRALC External Audit briefing Grant Thornton announced that the Annual Return and associated information will be sent out later than usual this year (end of March/early April) due to responsibility for issuing the Annual Return nationally shifting to SAAA (Smaller Authorities' Audit ...
At the Monday 6th LRALC Executive Committee meeting the 2017-2020 Strategic Plan was adopted following a period of consultation with member councils and other stakeholders.
The plan can be found below.
The Good Councillors Spring Conference is a great one-day event for local (parish and town) councillors and councils from across the country to discuss policy ideas, network and get motivated for your day-to-day work in communities.
The day will comprise of a ...
A reminder to our member councils that current LCC consultations can be accessed on this dedicated webpage. This includes the current opportunity to have your say on proposed highways maintenance changes.
The latest LRALC newsletter is available to download. Contents include:
Unfortunately, due to illness, the Chairman's Training planned for this morning (9th February 2017) is cancelled. If you have delegates booked to attend please inform them as soon as possible. The LRALC office will also be contacting those parishes concerned ...
Neighbourhood and community engagement has a rightful place as one of the key processes involved in planning and decision making. As such, it should not be viewed as an additional task, but as a core part of the business of local councils.
This workbook has ...
Faced with limited choices when it comes to providing quality, cost-effective public services, commissioners are being pushed into inefficient, centralised services and mega contracts in a bid to answer austerity's challenges.
But there is a better way: ...
A valuable lesson can be learnt from the unfortunate and costly experience of Tiverton Town Council who lost 2 years worth of computer files just by opening one email. The email contained ransomware and anti-virus software was powerless to stop it.
Not only ...
The second LRALC Strategic Plan was approved for consultation with the membership by the January 2017 Executive Committee.
The consultation on the full document (including action plan) will last until Friday 3rd March 2017. Responses from member councils should be sent to ...
Clerks - watch the new CiLCA video to find out how CiLCA can give you the tools to make confident, informed decisions for your council and your community.
Would you like to build your confidence in your role within local council?
The CiLCA qualification provides you with a broad knowledge of all the aspects of a clerk's work - roles and responsibilities, the law, procedures, finance planning and community involvement. It is a level 3 ...